Whatever your role within a pre-school or education setting you can benefit hugely from the excellent accredited training provided by the Elklan tutors.
Most of those who have completed one of their courses would say that they have found it extremely beneficial because they:
· Feel more confident in working with children with speech, language and communication need (SLCN).
· Can be a specialist resource to the other members of staff in the school.
· Understand the importance of their role in developing children's communication.
· Can support the communication development of all children in the school environment across the curriculum and in the playground too!
· Have a range of strategies at their disposal which can be used to support children's communication whatever and wherever they are being taught.
· Feel more confident in interpreting SLT reports and programmes which means they can be implemented more easily and effectively.
· Know how to modify their interactions which is of benefit to ALL children.
· Can change the way they speak to children so they understand more of what is said.
· Can encourage talking by using specific strategies such as modelling language which can be used anytime, anywhere!
· Know how to support a child with interaction difficulties
· Know the types of children they can work with and those which need to be seen by the speech and language therapist.
· Are more confident in talking to parents about the child's speaking and listening skills.
· Share a common language with the SLT service and so understand what they are being asked to do quickly and can complete activities more efficiently.
Small Talk are licensed to run all the Elklan courses www.private-speech-therapy.co.uk We can travel across the UK if necessary