What is your favourite? Why do you like it? We would love to know!
Some that we sing:
- Old MacDonald. You can add to this by having pictures of animals so that younger ones can choose what to sing next
- If you're happy and you know it: get the child to choose, if they don't you could always sing about what they are doing e.g. Wriggle your legs, give a smile,
- Incy wincy Spider, add the actions
- Twinkle Twinkle: by far the favourite of the Bony Hay Teeny Talker group!
- The Scarecrow song; they love the adult lying on the floor too
- Baa baa black sheep: some of the language is bit obscure e.g. dame, master etc but it doesn't matter
- Humpty Dumpty: sad but they like it
- Hickory Dickory: all four verses to make full use
- Wind the bobbin up: simple but effective
- Wheels on the bus; have pictures of the options so the can choose what's next
- Sleeping bunnies: I'm always surprised how they love this given that it's so simple.
- 5 little monkeys: add sign or actions
- 6 fat sausages: add sign or actions
- Head, shoulders, knee and toes: do it really slowly so they can access it
- 5 Little ducks: add sign or actions
I have a bag of props and a little book of pictures so that children can choose what they want to sing. You can make it into a spoken language activity too by hiding 1 prop in a bag, talking about it then asking what song you could sing about it.